angelina ballerina is going DOWN

by ck on December 19, 2008

There are many different kinds of screams.

A painful scream.

A scared scream.

A rollercoaster scream.

An I’m-so-happy-to-see-you scream.

The give-me-my-toy-back scream.

And a gutteral, gasping, mouse-just-ran-over-my-hand-while-I-was-scooping-dog-food scream.

When my husband and I lived in Philly, we had an ongoing battle with mice. They pooped on our counters, chewed our Tupperware and got trapped in our trashcans. In turn, we pitched them off of our roof, tossed them in dumpsters and cleaned up their little murder scenes on our kitchen floor.

Overall, I have no idea how many we’ve disposed of, or how many have gotten the better of us, but I’m pretty sure we’re close to even. But it doesn’t make it any easier when I pull out a roasting pan and see a collection of black pellets roll into the corner.

Or hear Sheetrock crumble in the walls as they gnaw our house.

Or almost drop my baby on the floor because I’m holding her while at the same time attempting to feed the dog…

©2008 CEK. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Tina December 19, 2008 at 12:31 pm

Oh my Goodness I am laughing my head off I’m sorry but I am just visualizing you throwing mice off the roof. I’m sorry I am not being very sensitive.

Laura December 19, 2008 at 2:26 pm

I feel your pain. I’ve laid awake at night listening for the tiny rustle of mice browsing my belongings. I’m good friends with the sticky trap. I care not about being a merciful killer. I believe I’ve been apart of eight not-so-untimely deaths. Thankfully I’ve moved from the mice infested house.

Whatever they say, I don’t believe in the Christmas mouse.

Anonymous December 19, 2008 at 4:06 pm

We had a similar problem….although I could not deal with
it. Someone told me about these things that plug in and make a noise
only mice can hear and it keeps them away. Well, I was ready to try
anything and…6 months mice free here! I couldn’t be
happier. Here is a link to one: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200310827_200310827

KathyB! December 19, 2008 at 5:40 pm

That is almost as bad as snakes! Not quite, but almost! Hopefully the link that anonymous posted will solve your problem? Let us know! We’ve had a couple in the garage but so fa none in the house. I’m keeping fingers crossed!

faemom December 19, 2008 at 6:32 pm

i grew up in the desert, so I was prepared for ants, raches, and even the moth plague. But mice! I hate them so much! I think of them munching, pissing, pooping where my kids are. RRRR!

Yuppie Tech....sort of December 19, 2008 at 11:44 pm

Can’t you see? The mice are in cahoots with the ladybugs.

Ladybug Tech December 19, 2008 at 11:46 pm

He knows too much.

sunnymom December 20, 2008 at 3:55 pm

I will never forget the morning that my mom screamed like that and I found her standing on top of the kitchen table with a frying pan yelling at my dad to kill it. But it was already in the trap dead lol.

Court December 20, 2008 at 6:51 pm

And I thought I was a multi-tasker, you go girl!

Jacqueline December 21, 2008 at 5:53 am

Oh that so sucks and so not good for anyone to be around! When I was a kid, my mom had an issue like that in an apartment we lived in. She killed like 5 of them in traps and finally moved to a different house because she got tired of chasing down mice. Damn vermin. LOL

outside voice December 21, 2008 at 2:06 pm

So I guess you’re probably not going to see Tales of Desperaux anytime soon? ;) (But seriously, sorry this happened to you. We’ve had numerous mouse encounters, too, and they totally gross us out.)