i didn’t mean to scream, but…

by ck on June 26, 2013

She looked at me

There’s another stinkbug

The dress made me scratch

She said “butt”

She’s smiling at me

I saw corn

I not going potty

My heart told me to

She touched me again

The car air is hot

She’s copying me

You don’t care

I got a splinter

Nobody loves me

I not going shopping

That bee might sting

Water hurts my bleeding

You didn’t say you liked my picture

She got a treat for staying dry and I didn’t

These my Thursday panties; it not Thursday

She’s rolling around naked on your bed and I don’t think she wiped

There’s nothing to do

I’m a girl

Girls like to scream.

©2011 CEK. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

WANT SOME DAILY AFFIRMATION THAT YOU’RE NOT THE ONLY BAD MOMMY OUT THERE? FOLLOW ME ON TWITTERINSTAGRAMOR COME VENT ON FACEBOOK. WE’LL BAD-MOMMY IT TOGETHER

Gigi April 26, 2011 at 7:54 am

Yeah, some of those might make me scream too…..
Gigi´s last blog post ..The Difference Between Clicks and Slams and emotional satisfactio

Jen April 26, 2011 at 9:46 am

This is my life too, except I also have a boy constantly running, spinning, and jumping. It’s exhausting.

Jessi April 26, 2011 at 9:52 am

Girls do like to scream…at least mine do, a lot. And I assumed it was okay for mommy to scream too, by that logic, she is a girl after all. My girls didn’t see it that way – hope you have better luck.
Jessi´s last blog post ..Random Thoughts Thursday

Sharon April 26, 2011 at 10:35 am

To add to the list … because we outside and it’s ok to scream outside

They grow out of the screaming, right?

TheKitchenWitch April 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I’m so sorry, but I cannot help but crack up at this list! My little drama queens scream and cry and whine constantly, so I do sympathize.

A big one for us: “She’s touching me!”

Amy @ Never-True Tales April 26, 2011 at 3:44 pm

A ring of truth to each and every one of these!
Amy @ Never-True Tales´s last blog post ..Men of the house- an experiment

Cathy @ All I Want To Say April 26, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I’m pretty sure that screaming for a girl is genetic. I have three boys and have never experienced this (happily I might add). But my best friend (who is not a girly-girl) has a daughter that just shrieks all the time. I would go insane. Yes, I would.
Cathy @ All I Want To Say´s last blog post ..for my sister

ck April 26, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Really? Boys don’t act like this at all? What’s their equivalent?

Heather April 26, 2011 at 10:53 pm

My boys don’t scream but man do they WHINE!! It’s like nails on a chalkboard for me. So while I don’t share your pain, relish in the fact that I have my own ;)
Heather´s last blog post ..It’s All In The Name

Dawn @ What's Around the Next Bend? April 27, 2011 at 1:10 am

I agree… no screaming with my boys. But I do have the whining AND wrestling. :)
Dawn @ What’s Around the Next Bend?´s last blog post ..A Hoppin Good Time!

Maria April 27, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Oh my God! The rolling around naked on the bed and I don’t think she wiped had me gasping for air! Apparently, I am not the only one with a child that has wiping issues…Pray tell, were there any skid marks?

And for the record, whining, shrieking and touching issues are transgender…If I hear he touched me one more time…
Maria´s last blog post ..Counting my blessings

Ink April 27, 2011 at 9:37 pm

My boys have perfected the whine sliding into a yell.
As in:
“Stop. I mean it. StoppppppppppppppppppppppPPPPPPPPPPP IT I’M SERIOUS!”

Rudri Bhatt Patel @ Being Rudri April 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Oh the whines. . . how i know some of these so well.
Rudri Bhatt Patel @ Being Rudri´s last blog post ..Sliding Into Happiness

faemom May 1, 2011 at 2:24 am

Screaming is fine as long as it’s done outside. Outside, I said!
faemom´s last blog post ..Recap 4-29

Birdy May 2, 2011 at 11:27 am

The Thursday panties are my favorite.

ck May 2, 2011 at 11:35 am

Mine too. I’m actually looking for those panties in the next size up in hopes that we can have conversations like that next year. So much of her schedule is marked by the color of, or day marked on her panties. I will miss it when she finds other things to focus on. Like actual activities. Why not prolong it, right?